A trip to Sary-Chelek lake
(Three-days adventure in Kyrgyzstan)
Sary-Chelek is a unique biosphere reserve. There are several lakes, thousands of plant species, 40 species of mammals, 150 species of birds at the territory of Sary-Chelek. Some of the animals and birds are listed in the Red Book, as they are on the verge of extinction.
It is possible to see wild deer and mountain goats there. Hunting and fishing are prohibited there. The reserve protects not only animals, but also rare plants, such as tulips and crows. Arriving at the reserve, do not collect herbs and flowers. The Sary-Chelek Biosphere Reserve was created to preserve the walnut-fruit forests too.
The largest lake in the reserve is Sary-Chelek. It is located at an altitude of 1900 meters; the depth is more than 200 meters. The lake appeared during the strong earthquake. The mountain river was blocked and a lake was formed there. The lake is surrounded by high ridges and steep banks.
On the territory of the reserve you will make horseback riding and hiking, have a picnic in the shade of the trees and ride a boat.
- May 5-7.2023| 6 places Book
- May 14-16.2023| 8 places Book
- June 23-25.2023| 10 places Book
- July 07-09.2023 | 10 places Book
- July 21-23.2023 | 10 places Book
- August 11-13.2023 | 10 places Book
- Sept 01-03.2023 | 10 places Book
- Individual dates and a program from Osh to Osh are available. Contact the program manager.