This excursion begins with an excellent trek over three mountain ridges – the Talas, Chatkal and Atonoksky which are located in the southwestern part of the Tian Shan range. From the startpoint, a picturesque birch grove located at an altitude of 2500 m in the Talas valley, the route goes on to span many different altitudes. After setting off from the estuary of the Chiim Tash river (left tributary of the Urmaral river) you’ll climb up to the several passes from where you can see a remarkable panorama of surrounding mountains. Each day of the trips offers travelers the opportunity to observe nature from a myriad of vantage points - such as moraine lakes, relict forests, and waterfalls cascading down steep slopes - all against the backdrop of rock cliffs and mountains peaks.
The final destination of this journey is the Sary-Chelek nature reserve and its pearl, Lake Sary-Chelek. The lake, which is located at an altitude of 1873 m above sea level, is the result of two ridges whose crumbling debris blocked the river and made natural dam.
The lake itself is surrounded by a "necklace" of snow-capped peaks and the steep shoreline carve into lake’s surface and go down to a depth of 234 m. Beside the main lake there are a further six small lakes scattered throughout the stone-filled forests of the reserve. Also not to be missed is the impressive Zamok Peak (4200 m) located above the cliffy horn.
Best time: July-September
Activity: Trekking in Kyrgyzstan
Duration: 12 days
|Day 1||Bishkek. "Manas" Interantional Airport||Hotels||B/L/D|
|Day 2||Transfer to Talas. Transfer to the trek start point - in Urmaral Gorge||Tents||B/L/D|
|Day 3||Trekking to the Chiim-Tash river||Tents||B/L/D|
|Day 4||Trekking to the foot of a hill of Chiim-Tash pass||Tents||B/L/D|
|Day 5||Trekking over the pass to the Karakulja valley||Tents||B/L/D|
|Day 6||Trekking over the Karakulja pass||Tents||B/L/D|
|Day 7||Trekking over the Kashka Suu pass and descend to the Kara-Suu valley||Tents||B/L/D|
|Day 8||Rest day||Tents||B/L/D|
|Day 9||Trekking to Lake Sary-Chelek||Tents||B/L/D|
|Day 10||Transfer to Osh city||Hotels||B/L/D|
|Day 11||City tour in Osh. flight back to Bishkek.||Hotels||B/L/D|
Itinerary: : Along the southwest Tien Shan (Trekking to lake Sary-Chelek)
Date: 26.08 - 06.09.2018
Activity: Trekking in Kyrgyzstan
The price for the offer is 1500 USD per person
In group: min 6 person
Day 1 (26 August) Meeting in the airport, transfer to Bishkek and get settled in hotel accommodations. Afternoon excursion to the Ala-Archa Natural Park (40 km from Bishkek). Easy trek to the Ak-Sai waterfall and then return back to Bishkek.
Day 2 (27 August) Transfer to Talas Valley. The road goes along the Tuya-Ashu pass and the Susamyr Valley. En-route we will stopover for a visit to the historical architecture complex of "Gumbez Manas" and then continue further to the trek's starting point. Tonight's campsite will be in a birch grove on the bank of Urmaral river with an overnight stay in tents.
Day 3 (28 August)Trekking towards the confluence of the Shor-Alysh and the Chiim-Tash rivers (about 15 km). The route goes along a good path on the riverbank. Our group will reach the next campsite close to lunchtime. We will take a short walk to the valley of Urmaral River before coming back to camp for the night.
Day 4 (29 August) Trekking to the Chiim-Tash pass. Tonight's campsite will be on the shores of two moraine lakes under the pass. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 5 (30 August) Crossing of the Chiim-Tash pass (3,601 m), which affords a fantastic view of the Karakulja valley and the Talas range. Descent to the valley of the Karakulja River and further trekking towards the Karakulja pass. We will set up camp at an altitude of 3000 m in a picturesque mountain pasture. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 6 (31 August) After crossing the Karakulja pass (3161 m) we will then descend then into the valley of the Kashka-Suu River. Tonight's camp will be in the confluence of the Kashka-Suu and the Karakulja rivers at an altitude of 2800 m.
Day 7 (1 September) Trekking towards the Kashka-Suu pass. We cross further the pass (3390 m) and descend to the valley of Kara-Suu River. En-route we may see local prospectors and their tools on the shores of small streamlets which nourish the Kara-Suu river. We will also see small villages and summer houses owned by local shepherds. In this area there are no roads, that is why local people use horses. We will be camping near to the Kara-Suu Lake overnight in tents.
Day 8 (2September) Rest day. There will be an easy trek in the Kara-Suu valley.
Day 9 (3 September) Trekking to the Kuterme Pass (2446 m). The route goes along the steep, rocky lakeside of one of the region’s most beautiful lakes - Lake Kara-Suu. The ascent is along a picturesque path among Archa trees. We may see from the pass three wonderful lakes: Sary-Chelek, Karasuu and Irikel. Tonight's camp will be on the shores of the lake Sary Chelek.
Day 10 (4 September) After breakfast we will make a little walk around the camp. Packing all our things. Transfer to Osh. Transfer will take us about 5 hours. On the way we will be able to see the ancient town of Uzgen. Upon arrival accommodatioln in a guest house.
Day 11 (5 September) Excursion in Osh town. Visiting the Osh market. Osh market is one of the biggest markets in Central Asia. The variety of things will definitely surprise you. Accent to the sacred mountain "Suleiman" The mountains is located in the very center of the town. Many people are going up the mountain during the day. At the very top of it there is a view section and house of Babur. In the shadow of the trees planted on the very top of the mountain you may have some rest after the accent. Flight to Bishkek. Accommodation in hotel.
Day 12 (6 September) Departure.
The price includes:
1. Meeting/ seeing off at the airport
2. Accommodation by the itinerary (twin accommodation)
3. Trekking tents
4. Meals/ Full board (including the days of trekking)
5. Transport according to the program
6. Trekking Guide
7. Cook for treking days.
8. Flight ticket from Osh to Bishkek
9. Porters for carrying things, and the camp property. (Porter is 7-8 kg of the things the client. If you exceed this weight, you need to hire additional porters, advance notice to our company).
10. Entrance fee for all excursions according the program
The price does NOT include:
1. International airfare to and from Bishkek
2. Equipment rental
3. Excess baggage charges
4. Cost of visa and consular services (for Russian citizens there is no need for international passport / visa)
5. Personal expenses in hotels: bar, international calls, etc.
6. Single room addition
8. Any changes in the program
Join our tour! We wish you lots of positive memories and good impressions!
Visa to Kyrgyzstan. You may find detailed information about receiving visa to Kyrgyzstan in section "Useful information"
Clothes & equipment
- sunscreen (at least SPF 20 or more)
- chapstick or equivalent cold weather lip balm
- water flask
- trekking shoes
- mountain sunglasses with good protection
- backpack with a minimum of 45-liter capacity
- backpack for use as a daypack for personal things, approximate size: 25 liters
- sleeping bag (temperature range -10˚ to -15˚)
- sleeping mat
- trekking poles (essential!)
- forehead lantern and extra batteries
- clothes for hot weather, in the valley and for Issyk-Kul lake
- lightweight shoes for trekking and cities (sneakers, sandals)
- trekking pants
- thin thermal underwear or something for sleeping in tents
- windbreaker or any other thin jacket
- waterproof jacket (Gore-Тех is preferable) with hood or waterproof coat
- waterproof pants (Gore-Тех is preferable)
- T-shirts – 2 pieces
- T-shirt with long sleeve
- polar jacket or jacket of wind stopper material
- woolen socks – at least 2 pairs (for sleeping in tents) cotton socks – at least 3 pairs
- a woolen or polar cap
- cap with a brim to shade from sunlight
- thin gloves during nights and trekking