Terskey Ala-Too ridge is located in the northeast part of Kyrgyzstan and closes from south the hollow of Lake Issyk-Kul. Average height of the ridge is about 4500 m. Terskey Ala-Too ridge is stunning in its variety of landscapes. In one day it is possible to enjoy beauty of red sandstone rocks, wild wood and snow peaks high above the alpine Issyk-Kul Lake. Each gorge is unique in its execution.
Jety Ogyz. This picturesque area is famous for its "7 bulls" and "Broken heart". "7 bulls" is a red colored rock, towered over health resort zone and "Broken heart" is symbol of love, which became a reason for many legends. Legends, in turn attract not just tourists, but sweethearts from neighboring villages. On the weekends it is possible to see wedding processions, coming here to see symbol of love and take a rest in the open air. The top of Jety-Ogyz gorge is closed by long wall. There is an Ogyz Bashi summit (5181 m) in the middle of the wall. Often people compare this summit with a beauty of Alps - Ungfrau Mountain.
Karakol. Good view to this gorge is from Karakol city, especially to such summits as: Karakol (5280 m), Djigit (5130 m), Prjevalskii (4283 m). In summer time there is an alpine camp at the foot. There are also such objects of tourist interest as: waterfalls cascade, located in juniper bushes and numerous moraine lakes, located at the gorge's head.
Altyn Arashan. It is called "Golden Spring" because of numerous hot springs. The water in springs contains of radon and that is why it is used for treatment of neuropathy. The views in gorge are fantastic. At an altitude of 2600 m, there is a health resort in a valley with spruce forest, green meadows and aromatic flowers. Besides hot springs, moraine lakes are attraction of Altyn-Arashan. Ala-Kel Lake is the most popular among them.
And for sure during trekking in Terskei Alatoo you will get acquainted with nomad's way of life. Hospitable yurt owners will share with you kumis (national drink) and tea.
Best time: July - September
Activity: Trekking in Kyrgyzstan
Duration: 11 days
|Day 1||Bishkek. International "Manas airport".||Hotel||B/L/D|
|Day 2||Transfer Bishkek - the Jety Oguz valley||Tents||B/L/D|
|Day 3||Trekking to the Telety pass||Tents||B/L/D|
|Day 4||Trekking over the Telety pass||Tents||B/L/D|
|Day 5||Trekking to the Lake Ala-Kel||Tents||B/L/D|
|Day 6||Trekking to the Altyn Arashan valley||Tents||B/L/D|
|Day 7||Easy walk to a mountain lake in the Altyn Arashan valley.||Tents||B/L/D|
|Day 8||Descent to Karakol. Transfer to Kadji-Say or Tamga||Guest house||B/L/D|
|Day 9||Rest on the shore of the lake.||Guest house||B/L/D|
|Day 10||Transfer to Bishkek||Hotel||B/L/D|
Program: Bishkek - Bishkek
Best time: July-September
Activity: Trekking in Kyrgyzstan
Duration: 11 days
Day 1 Arrival to Bishkek. Meeting in the “Manas” airport in Bishkek. Transfer to the hotel. After having rest city tour in Bishkek, capital of Kyrgyzstan. You may get acquainted with unpretentious architecture of the town. You will see Ala Too square which affords a fantastic view of snow tops of Kyrgyz ridge, green parks, “Manas” monument and etc (B,L,D).
Day 2. Transfer to the Jety Oguz gorge by southern shore of the Lake Issyk Kul. En-route we may enjoy beautiul spots of southern shore of the lake like the "Skazka" gorge. In the Jety-Oguz gorge we will make a photo stop to see famous red sandy rocks - "Broken heart", "7 bulls". We go further into the depths of the gorge to set up tonights camp in a picturesque place on the river bank. Dinner. Meeting our supporting staff (B,L,D).
Day 3. Trekking up the Jety Ogyz gorge to the evening camp which is situated beneath the Telety pass (3000 m). Overnight stay in tents (B,L,D).
Day 4. Trek over the Telety pass (3759 m). Descent down to the Karakol gorge. Stop for rest (2640 m). Overnight stay in tents (B,L,D).
Day 5. Trekking to Lake Ala-Kul. Stopover in a beautiful place which affords fantastic views of the Ala-Kul lake. Overnight stay at an altitude of 3550 m (B,L,D).
Day 6. Trek over the Ala-Kul pass (3860 m). Descent down to Altyn Arashan gorge to mineral springs. Tonight's campsite will be not far from mineral springs (B,L,D).
Day 7. After breakfast walking to the mountain lake. Picnic on the lake shore. Return to the original camp (B,L,D).
Day 8. Descent to Karakol town. After lunch transfer to the Kadji - Say or Tamga village on the South side Issyk-Kul lake. Accommodation in the guest house (B,L,D).
Day 9. Rest on Issyk-Kul lake. Accommodation in the guest house (B,L,D).
Day 10. Transfer to Bishkek by South side of the Issyk-Kul lake. Accommodation in the hotel (B,L,D).
Day 11. Departure (B).
Quotation for groups:
2 persons in the group – 1900 USD per person
4 persons in the group – 1380 USD per person
6 persons in the group – 1163 USD per person
8 persons in the group – 1050 USD per person
10 persons in the group - 980 USD per person
Single supplement: 170 $ per person.
The price includes:
1. Meeting/seeing-off in the airport
2. Accommodation in 3-star hotels, according to the program (twin accommodation).
3. Accommodation in guest/private houses
4. Trekking tents for accommodation
5. Three meals a day during the program, including trekking days
6. Transport - according to the program
7. Trekking guide and cook for trekking days
8. Porters for carrying things, and the camp property. (Porter is 7-8 kg of the things the client. If you exceed this weight, you need to hire additional porters, advance notice to our company).
9. Entrance fee for all excursions according the program
The price does NOT include:
1. International airfare to and from Bishkek
2. Equipment rental
3. Cost of visa and consular services (for Russian citizens there is no need for international passport / visa)
4. Personal expenses in hotels: bar, international calls, etc.
5. Single room supplement
7. Any changes in the program.
1. Visa to Kyrgyzstan. For information on obtaining a visa in Kyrgyzstan, see helpful information
Clothes & equipment
- sunscreen (at least SPF 20 or more)
- chapstick or equivalent cold weather lip balm
- water flask
- trekking shoes
- mountain sunglasses with good protection
- backpack with a minimum of 45-liter capacity
- backpack for use as a daypack for personal things, approximate size: 25 liters
- sleeping bag (temperature range -10˚ to -15˚)
- sleeping mat
- trekking poles (essential!)
- forehead lantern and extra batteries
- clothes for hot weather, in the valley and for Issyk-Kul lake
- lightweight shoes for trekking and cities (sneakers, sandals)
- trekking pants
- thin thermal underwear or something for sleeping in tents
- windbreaker or any other thin jacket
- waterproof jacket (Gore-Тех is preferable) with hood or waterproof coat
- waterproof pants (Gore-Тех is preferable)
- T-shirts – 2 pieces
- long sleeve T-shirt
- polar jacket or jacket of wind stopper material
- woolen socks – at least 2 pairs (for sleeping in tents) cotton socks – at least 3 pairs
- a woolen or polar cap
- cap with a brim to shade from sunlight
- thin gloves during nights and trekking