"Mountains and water" that's how ancient Chinese imagined the harmony to be. Indeed, the high snow-capped peaks and the calm surface of lakes have always encouraged people and made them come back to these places again and again. There are few such places left on earth, and every year they become less and less. One of them is Fann Mountains.
Fann Mountains are located in the southwest of the Pamir-Alai at the region of Hissar and Zeravshan ranges. In Soviet times, no mountain district was more popular than Fann. Every climber knew such names as Chimtarga, Bodhona and Mira. In the difficult times of post-Soviet ruin the area was cut off from climbing and undeservedly forgotten. Fortunately, there were enthusiasts and in 1995 Moscow company "Vertical" bought five hectares of land from the Government of Tajikistan and began to build a mountain camp. From 1998 until now, under the leadership of the permanent head of the camp Arefieva a lot was done.
Now IMTC Vertical - Alaudin is a small camp in the mountains. From the highway to the camp a dirt road of 30 km long was made. The cabins for guests and dining were built, there is electricity and hot water in the camp, a big library of routes descriptions and the office of equipment rental can be found here. On the base there is a dining hall for every taste.
An excellent relationship with the local population is astablished, here lives and works Tajik branch of the "vertical", who has all necessary documents and communications, who is responsible for the safety of tourists in Tajikistan. For over 15 years there has been working a proven scheme of meeting the participants with various requests from regular climbers to high-level groups of tourists. The base has its own vehicles.
For many years here was held the hampionship among CIS countries in mountaineering rock climbing class, various festivals and gatherings, we are actively cooperating with many mountaineering clubs in Russia and abroad.
All visitors of the Fann Mountains can count on our help in case of any emergency situations. On the base there is always a safe group and an experienced instructor.
Also, we will work to find ways to ensure the helicopter evacuation. In a joint program of PAR and the UK "Consent" we will establish contacts with the Tajik insurance companies.
In 2014 it is planned to start another project. We want to make camp near the rocky ground, where there will be room for both classes of rock and trad routes. It is also planned to launch a project on labeling descents of problematic vertices (for example Chapdara).
Come and visit our site for travel, climbe and just for a great vacation in the mountains.
If you are interested in this trekking program, please contact us and we will calculate it for you!
The price will be includes:
- Accommodation in a guest house ( 2-4 people in one room, 8 nights)
- 3 meals a day, needed food on treks
- Jeep transfer from Dushanbe to the base Vertical-Alaudin
- Hotel in Dushanbe
- Registration in Tajikistan
- Fee for visiting the national park
Extra services not included in the tour price :
- International flights
- Single occupancy in the house - on request
- Cartage services - 20 EUR ( 2 seats)
- Alcoholic beverages,
- Transfers not included in the program
- Equipment rental
- Medical insurance with increased odds for practicing outdoor activities abroad ( on your own )
- Mountain boots for a mountain hike,
- Hiking shoes,
- Waterproof and windproof jacket and pants,
- Sweat pants, fleece jacket,
- Thermal underwear,
- Long-sleeved shirt,
- Wool socks ( 2 pairs),
- Thin socks ( 2-3 pairs),
- Headpiece from the sun,
- Warm hat,
- Thin gloves and warm waterproof windproof gloves,
- Telescopic (ski) sticks,
- Backpack ( 80 liters volume),
- Flashlight, - Sunglasses,
- Sunscreen with a high protection level 30-60,
- First-aid kit,
- Plastic bags for packing things (10 pcs),
- A jar for water,
- Shoe covers (desirable but not mandatory),
- Bag for documents and money.
For those who wish to spend the night in tents in the highlands:
- Gas burner,
- Food for trek,
- Sleeping bag up to -5 (optional),
- Sleeping mat.
- Be sure to have a thermos.
The tents are provided for rent.
"Holidays on a mountain base Vertical-Alaudin and trekking to the Fan Mountains" -10 days.
Mountain hiking in the Fan Mountains is not hard and is suitable even for beginners who want to take their first steps in tourism. The proposed route will allow you to value an extraordinary beauty of the two most interesting gorges of the Pamir- Alai: Alaudin and Kulikalonski.
Day 1. Arrival in Dushanbe . Transfer from the airport to the mountain base Vertical - Alaudin - height is 2800m above sea level. ( 5.5-7 hours).Accommodation in guest houses 2-4 people in one room. Dinner. Meeting of the whole group. A lesson of safety instructions in the mountains.
In the house : conveniences (toilet, shower in the evening )
Day 2. Acclimatization . Walking around the camp. Visiting beautiful Alaudin lakes . After lunch - free time for those who would like to work with an instructor ( the basics of mountaineering and climbing )
Day 3. Visiting Talbas pass (4000m ) 5-6 hours. Free time after lunch.
Day 4. Ascent to Muddy Lakes ( 3520 m). Visiting of Pialat lake. At the request you may get the donkey service for rent. Descent to the camp for dinner. Overnight in tents (optional).
Day 5. 1) Free day. Walking under the consultation with camp workers
2) The rise to the zone of perpetual snow from the muddy lakes to the Energy glacier. Having an instructor is optional. In the evening walking down to the base.
Day 6. Rest on the base. At the request walking down to the beautiful foothills of the Pamir-Alai.
Day 7. 1) Trek to the pass Alaudan. Descent to the observation place. Great view of the lake Kulikalon. Return to the camp (5-6 hours)
2) Trekking to Kulikalon lakes over the pass Alaudan . (5-8 hours). Overnight at Grand Kulikalon Lake. Explore the area surrounding the lake, beautiful views of the imposing wall of Maria-Mirali, swimming in the warm lake.
Day 8. Return to the camp.
Day 9. Transfer from the base Vertical-Alaudin to Dushanbe. Overnight at hotel. Visit the famous oriental bazaar (on your own).
Day 10. Transfer from the hotel to the airport.
CONDITIONS of the tour program "Holidays on a mountain base Vertical-Alaudin and trekking to the Fan Mountains":
- Tourists are walking on average 3-7 km a day. Vertical drop in average is 400 -1000 m per day. Tourists carry their personal belongings.
- In the mountains of Pamir-Alai there is a oossibility of weather change and as a result, the change of the program. The decision to change the route is made by instructors.
- Tourists are required to be in a good physical shape and have no contraindications to physical stress. Experience in mountaineering is desirable but not mandatory.
- For newcomers before the campaign at the acclimatization days the classes for learning the initial skills of mountaineering will be organized.
- The participation on the route may be held only by the people over 18 years.