Date of the event: April 22, 2018
Distances: marathon, half-marathon, 10 km, 3 km, Ekiden
Activities: running, recreation, excursions
Duration: 5 days
||Early arrival in Almaty. Excursion to Medeo skating rink and Chimbulak ski resort.
||Marathon fair, route inspection and city tour.
||Transfer to the starting area. Race. Relaxation afterwards.
||Excursion to Tamgaly-Tas petroglyphs and rocks at the Ili River (120 km of drive).
Dates: April 20 -24, 2018
Day 1 (20.04.18). Arrival in Almaty. Meeting at the airport. Transfer to the hotel and check-in.
After some rest we will go to the mountains to the famous high-altitude Medeo skating rink from where we will be transferred to the Chimbulak skiing resort (2,200-2,500 m) by the gondola road. The resort functions in winter and partly in spring while in the warm season it is a very popular recreational zone. You will have an opportunity to take pictures of the rink and Medeo dam from the height. Enjoy amazing views!
After arrival to the resort we will change to another gondola passage and lift to the Talgar Pass at 3,200 m. You will find yourself surrounded by snow-capped peaks and there will be even snow under your feet. As an option we can hike to the one of the nearest easy summits. Afterwards we will enjoy picnic on the pass. Return to the city. Free time. Overnight in the hotel. (-, L, -)
Day 2 (21.04.18). Marathon fair and city. Visit of the marathon fair and pick up of starter packages in the morning. Inspection of the marathon and half marathon courses with the professional runner (approx. 2 hours): getting information and advices. Some sightseeing on the way. Lunch en route.
City tour (3 hours), continuation. You will visit old and new parts of the city including squares, the park with the wooden Orthodox Cathedral and monument dedicated to the Soviet soldiers, Opera and Ballet Theatre, President’s Residency, Green Bazaar, Circus and etc. Free time in the evening. Overnight in the hotel. (B, -, -)
Day 3 (22.04.18). After breakfast transfer to the starting area near the First President of Kazakhstan Park. Warm up. Afterwards we all go to the starting clasters. Personal welcome of all finishers and medals awarding right after finishing line in the Central Stadium. Awarding Ceremony and other entertainments from Organizers. Sauna and relaxation. Dinner together at the traditional restaurant. Overnight in the hotel. (B, -, D).
Day 4 (23.04.18). Excursion to Tamgaly-Tas petroglyphs and rocks at the Ili River (120 km of drive)*. Today we will have a very interesting trip to the totally different landscape and plunge into the ancient history. Our way runs to the Ili River, the largest river in Kazakhstan (length-1,439 km), which origins in China and flows into Lake Balkhash in Kazakhstan. The ancient Great Silk Road ran along this river. Caravans and pilgrims followed their way. And they left a lot of stone carvings on the rocks which can be seen nowadays. They are dated of the 14th-16th c.a.c. The name of the cite, Tamgaly-Tas, is translated from the ancient Turk language as ‘Stones with signs’. Indeed there you can also find Runic and Buddhist inscriptions of the 8th-9th c.a.c.
Spring time at the Ili River is especially nice due to blossoming of different flowers. The air is spicy and fresh. Tamgaly-Tas is also a very popular place among rock climbers. There are quite a lot of routes on the walls. Picnic. Relaxation. Those who want can bath in the river or take a little run. Return to Almaty. Free time. Overnight in the hotel. (B, L, -)
*In case of bad weather we will go to the hot springs near Almaty.
Day 5 (24.04.18). Departure. (B, -, -)
Price for groups:
4-5 pax from USD 695 per person
6-7 pax from USD 584 per person
8-9 pax from USD 540 per person
10-11 pax from USD 504 per person
12 pax and more from USD 481 per person
SGL supplement: USD 120 per person
1) Transfer: Almaty airport - Hotel – Almaty airport.
2) All other transfers.
3) Medeo - Chimbulak ski resort – Talgar Pass (gondola road passes).
4) Accommodation in 3-4* Hotel in Almaty incl. breakfast based on double/twin accommodation. We recommend Astana International Hotel located very close to the finish.
5) Meals according to the program.
6) Asia Mountains Company English speaking support (or local guide) for the entire stay.
7) Route inspection with running coach
8) Registration fee for the Marathon which includes (starter bag with race number and race documents, clothes/luggage storage on the marathon day, pacemaker service, warming up**, refreshments and nutrition along the route and at the finishing line, souvenir medal, certificate made available on the internet).
** Warming up with professional sportsmen or coaches of the Marathon Organizer
9) Lunch-boxes on Day 1.
10) Dinner at the traditional restaurant on Day 3.
11) Picnic on Day 4.
12) Sauna in Astana International Hotel (no more than 2 hours a day per a guest.
Price does not include:
1) Personal expenditures.
2) Flight ticket.
4) Early check-in: USD 80 per person (breakfast included).
5) Changes in the program.
6) Entrance fees to museums and etc.
7) Alcoholic drinks.
8) Visa fee if required (visa support can be arranged upon request and paid separately).
Optional to book: Marathon T-shirt - approx. USD 10 per item